Three main points were iterated at this meeting, as the old officers unofficially welcomed in the new officers. They are as follows.
- Philosophy - "The four of you [officers] are a team now."
- Student organization registration needs to be done NEXT WEEK with Theys.
- A budget should be finished with Sloan by the end of May. This means the officers need to create a budget, it needs to get approved by Theys, and then it needs to get approved by Sloan, in that order before summer begins.
The other importants things discussed were:
- Officers need to file for ACM membership.
- The password for the safe was given to the officers.
- ACM would benefit from focusing on internal affairs, those being tutoring meeting attendance, and regulars at the office
- Sean said "President talks to members, students faculty, VP talks to people outside the university to come in."
- We are looking for a ACM member to serve as a new representative to ENGR 100 next semester, as well as a representative to engineering counsel.
- Previous officers and new officers will have a formal lunch meeting with Theys sometime next week.