[Acm-announce] Who wants to visit Google's offices?

Gary Turovsky gturov2 at uic.edu
Mon Apr 13 15:04:41 CDT 2009

Hey guys,

In coordination with the UChicago, Northwestern, DePaul, and IIT ACMs,
we'll be taking a trip over to the Google Chicago offices on April
30th (at around 6pm).  This event is primarily for those of us who
have applied for the Google Summer of Code, but is open to all CS
students.  We can take about 25 or so people and I don't think we've
had that many GSoC applicants.

There will be a series of "lightning talks" delivered by Google
engineers and students accepted into GSoC.  It's a great opportunity
to share knowledge and learn about the projects going on at Google.
There will also be lots of free food.

Since a lot of people from many different schools are coming, there's
a form that you should fill out if you're planning on attending.  This
is merely to keep track of the head count and you don't have to commit
to going until a few days before the event.  But, the sign ups are
first come first serve, so sign up early if you would like to go.

To sign up, use this form: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cGNvZm9LOTBiaFhERFEtdDJBcUlvSVE6MA

Gary Turovsky
ACM President