[Acm-announce] Microsoft .NET Workshop this Friday

Patrick J. Wheeler patrick at microfirmz.net
Tue Feb 17 22:22:05 CST 2009

Want to learn .NET? Heard a bunch of buzz-terms but don't know what they mean? Come to the .NET Workshop on Friday and get your questions answered. We will have a hands-on demonstration of C#, F#, and IronPython. We will work on a Windows Application, a Web Application And/or a WCF (Web) Service depending on the interests of the group. We will also go over some of the details about how .NET works, but the majority of the workshop will be you playing with .net and learning as you play. Also note there will be prizes. A copy of Microsoft Windows Visual Studio 2008 Professional will be given away to the user to writes the best application (The group will vote on which is best). Please send any and all questions to pwheel2 at uic.edu<mailto:pwheel2 at uic.edu>

Location: SEL 2249
Time 5:00pm-9:00pm
Date: 2/20/2009

Patrick Wheeler