[Acm-announce] ACM Meeting Tomorrow (2/26) at 5:30pm

Gary Turovsky gturov2 at uic.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:12:10 CST 2009

Hi guys,

There's been a slight change in the speaker for tomorrow's meeting.
Samir Faci is going to replace Roberto Serrano.  We will talk about
installing the Debian Linux distribution onto a G1.  Specifically,
Samir describes it as:

"An introduction to the open source/ free software community,
mentality and what it stands for as it relates to the Android (google)
platform.  We shall demonstrate how the process of installing a full
Debian OS on the G1 and attempting to get fluxbox and a basic xterm on
the G1 running on a custom JS Image (ie.  re-packaged tmobil image +
root access). "

So, come hack the Google Phone with us!

Gary Turovsky
ACM President

P.S. There will be an officers meeting afterwards, so all officers
please be there.