[Acm-announce] ACM Meeting this Thursday

Deitz, Sean M. sdeitz2 at uic.edu
Tue Nov 10 21:25:26 CST 2009

This Thursday, we have a General meeting at 5:30 pm in SEO 1000. At this
meeting,
Dr. Eriksson will present his most recently published work, “VTrack:
Accurate, Energy-Aware Traffic Delay Estimation Using Mobile Phones'’,
presented last week at SenSys 2009 where it received the ‘best paper’ award.
He will also briefly touch upon other related projects, including
“Cabernet'’ a system for opportunistic vehicular content delivery using
open WiFi access points, and “The Pothole Patrol'’, a mobile sensor network
for online road surface quality monitoring. After the presentation,
attendees will be invited to take a look at the custom-designed hardware
used for these projects.
Definitely worth attending.

Additionally, we're having an officer's meeting after this meeting, so if
you've got plans for getting involved in the office, setting up a SIG, or
doing anything else significant for or in relation to ACM, you should be
there.  I fully expect those who have been cleaning to have a progress
report, and an inventory.

~ACM President, Sean Deitz