[Acm-announce] [Fwd: Chicago Chapter ACM - Related Event - Chicago Code Camp - May 1]

Deitz, Sean M. sdeitz2 at uic.edu
Thu Apr 22 18:10:50 CDT 2010

Subject: Chicago Chapter ACM - Related Event - Chicago Code Camp - May 1
From:    "Greg Neumarke" <acm at chicagoacm.org>
Date:    Thu, April 22, 2010 1:29 pm
To:      sdeitz2 at uic.edu

Dear Chicago ACM member or attendee,

The Board of the Chicago Chapter of the ACM wants to inform you about
an upcoming event that features several past Chicago ACM speakers.
This event, the Chicago Code Camp, takes place on May 1st (Saturday),
is a free event, and takes place at IIT Chicago.

At the Chicago Code Camp you will see both new and repeat
presentations by recent ACM speakers Dean Wampler, Dave Bost, Ola
Bini, Aaron Erickson, Marc Temkin and others.

Topics range from Scala, .NET, Functional Programming to Ruby, jQuery
and Clojure.  Subjects also include Geospatial Databases, Mobile
Development, Cloud Computing and Deployment.

Code Camp speakers come from Thoughtworks, Magenic, Microsoft and
ObjectMentor, consultancies and include independent developers.

Our practice is to limit our e-mail to you to tell you about our
monthly meeting.  But the Chicago Code Camp is an event that we think
you will want to know about, tell your colleagues about, and attend.

We'll see you at our next ACM presentation on May 12th, "What Ever
Happened to Software Quality?" with Conrad Weisert.

Thanks for reading,
The Board of the Chicago Chapter of the ACM

Chicago Code Camp details:
http://www.chicagocodecamp.com/

Our website, with May 12th meeting info:
http://www.chicagoacm.org/