[Acm-announce] Learning C++ this winter break with Siggame

Bryanna Denney bdenne2 at uic.edu
Wed Dec 15 21:15:33 CST 2010

Can I distract you from those steam objectives?

Would you like to not entirely waste your winter break?

Come and do C++ for a month. Get through tutorials, then start game code.
Tutorials are a great way to prepare for cs340 and cs109. What are we
coding? An asteroids clone in C++.

Why join? We will review your code line by line. You will get feedback that
you don't get in your classes. You will code better.

If you are a member of the ACM, go ahead and get started by going to
https://acm.cs.uic.edu/trac/siggame/wiki/GettingStarted.

If you aren't a member of the ACM, we are offering temporary ACM accounts
for the month. Send me an email with your netid and I'll set up and account
for you. Then, you can get stated at
https://acm.cs.uic.edu/trac/siggame/wiki/GettingStarted.

Any questions? Email me.

Bryanna Denney