[Acm-announce] ACM Committees for the upcoming year

Tom Phillips tom at fatesunited.com
Fri May 18 16:05:17 CDT 2012

Hey everyone, as per our bylaws, we are bringing in committees to ACM. As
per section VIII of our bylaws: http://acm.cs.uic.edu/bylaws

VIII. Committees

1.	The Standing Committees shall be

A.	The Program Committee, which shall plan and arrange meetings of the
Chapter in accordance with membership interest and the aims of the Chapter
as set forth in Article II; and shall prepare a calendar of regularly
scheduled meetings each year.
B.	The Publicity Committee, which shall maintain a mailing list and
publish and distribute all notices to the members of this Chapter; and shall
provide additional publicity of Chapter activities as appropriate.
C.	The Membership Committee, which shall conduct membership drives and
provide membership information to all prospective members.
D.	The Ways and Means Committee, which shall be responsible for raising
all revenues for Chapter expenses except for Chapter dues.

2.	Each Standing Committee shall consist of at least two voting members
of this Chapter; it may have one or two additional members who are
non-voting members of this Chapter.
3.	Additional Standing Committees may be established by the Chapter
Chairman.

Also, we are doing a Flourish committee on top of those four. Anyone
interested please just respond to list, getting discussion going on this is
greatly encouraged!

---

Tom Phillips

ACM Vice-Chairman