[Acm-announce] ACM Suspension

Tom Phillips Tom at FatesUnited.com
Thu Sep 6 11:48:44 CDT 2012

I'm going to try to keep this brief, but the officers felt you all have to
know. As of August 17th, the ACM is suspended as a student organization. It
looks like this will hold until December 5th, pending a payment to a company
we owe money to from last year's Flourish! as well.  As far as I understand
the situation, we had an agreement with SAFC to pay this company through
certain means, those means of payment never happened, the company sent an
invoice to SAFC using old contact information from the account they
previously had on their file, and SAFC were not happy about it. Pretty much
we are working to pay the company out of our own pockets (SAFC refuses to
pay now), which we had full intention of paying the company in the first
place.

By now must be asking yourself, what does this mean for me? The main thing
that is changing is that we cannot participate in Student Organization
hosted events, hence why we did not have a table yesterday at the Fun Fair
(it's okay though, we dressed Collin in the penguin suit and sent him off to
hand out fliers and OpenSUSE disks, we don't need a silly table). My main
concern is how this will affect Flourish! this year, which it shouldn't, we
are moving it back under LUG and they will be handling it. This won't affect
your membership status with us, nor anything server related with us. We
aren't losing our office and will still be holding meetings regularly.

If you have any concerns feel free to stop by the office, we are working to
shorten the suspension, but Campus Programs isn't being very cooperative
about the situation. If there are any major updates, we will announce it.