[Acm-announce] FW: CS Open House-Next one is Mon Oct 8

Tom Phillips Tom at FatesUnited.com
Mon Sep 17 17:25:26 CDT 2012

Hey guys,

We need people who are interested in representing the ACM (and more
importantly the CS Department) at the next CS open house.

Please contact me if you are interested and I will compile a list to send
back to Elena.

From: Elena Lathos [mailto:elathos at uic.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 5:05 PM
To: Tom Phillips
Subject: Re: CS Open House-Next one is Mon Oct 8

Hi Tom,

Thanks again for volunteering to be involved. Student support really means a
lot to us and the prospective students and their families.

This year we have a slightly different format then in the past. We are going
to the EVL lab tour first and then lunch and presentation. The time line
looks like this:

10:30am Reed pick up students/parents in Illinois Room SCE from the Freshmen
preview day walk to EVL
Simultaneously Elena pick up students/parents from Rec Center and walk to
EVL tour
10:45am EVL tour
11:15 walk to MAC suite in Student Rec center
11:20 lunch and presentation  in MAC suite
12:00pm walk back to Illinois rooms

There are two sections of the open house that would be the most helpful for
ACM student involvement. Either in picking up the group who will begin at
the Rec Center MAC suite and walking them to EVL for the brief tour or
joining us for the 11:20 lunch and presentation at the MAC suite.

Let me know if any of your colleagues are available and interested. I'd like
to communicate with them via email and send a reminder (and also a huge
thanks for donating their time.)

If you have any questions you can email, call or stop by my office.

Thanks again,
Elena

Elena Lathos
UIC CS Student Affairs