[Acm-announce] R|P UPDATE PLEASE READ

Tom Phillips Tom at FatesUnited.com
Tue Sep 25 00:35:24 CDT 2012

Okay, just a heads up, this is going to be a long email (it always is when I
send one out) but please read it IN ENTIRETY.

First, let me remind everyone that we want you to be an ACM Member if you
are going with us. I have 45 people on our list that are going, a handful of
whom I do not see listed as paid members on our rosters. If you haven't paid
your $10 ACM Membership, get it done ASAP.

Secondly, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE UIUC WEBSITE TO ATTEND.
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/conference/2012/index.php

This one is ACTUALLY REALLY IMPORTANT. We just wanted you to register with
us as well so we can smoothly organize the trip. Don't sign up to go if you
are not registered for the conference and just want to go UIUC to screw
around, so make sure you register and go to the conference.

Third, we have not assigned rooms yet, I know you are all anxious to set
that up, but we need an accurate head count by THIS THURSDAY. If you are not
on our list of attendees by Thursday, consider yourself S.O.L. We have to
cancel our extra rooms at the hotel ON FRIDAY, I will NOT (I repeat: I WILL
NOT!!!!!) be taking names on Friday. You have all had about a month to sign
up. I am posting a list of attendees and driver seating on the ACM fridge so
you can confirm that you are with us and with a driver. I will update it
daily I suppose.

Fourth, I spoke with 10 people about driving. It looks like we have enough
drivers, but I MIGHT accept one more depending on what is up. Here is the
current driving arrangements I have.

Driver + Passengers || Capacity || Departure time

1. (FULL) Jeanine Storbeck, Kamile Sutaite, Ian Swift, Joe Lozar, Jack
Petraitis. || Able to sit 0/5 more || Leaving around 12pm

2. Collin Brady, || Able to sit 4/5 more || Leaving around 5pm

3. Kyle Sierzega, Jessica Shoukry, || Able to sit 5/7 more || Leaving around
5pm

4. Keith Thomas, Keith's friend, || Able to sit 2/4 more || Leaving around
4pm

5. Niko Bessinas, || Able to sit 4/5 more || Leaving around 5pm

6. Santiago Herrera, Mike Cueno, Patrick Burd, || Able to sit 2/5 more ||
Leaving around 5pm

7. Miguel Chavaria, || Able to sit 3/4 more || Leaving around 5pm

8. Lukasz Stempniewicz, Jeff Gensler, Jeet Patel, || Able to sit 2/5 more ||
Leaving around 3pm

9. Brian Herman, Josh Herman, || Able to sit 3/5 more || Leaving around 1pm

10. Andrew Sennebogen, || Able to sit 6/7 more || Leaving around 12pm

If you want to get into a car with someone, email them with the following
information:

Jeanine Storbeck - jstorb2 at uic.edu

Collin Brady - collinbrady1993 at gmail.com

Kyle Sierzega - ksierz2 at uic.edu

Keith Thomas - keiferr at live.com

Niko Bessinas - nzbessinas at gmail.com

Santiago Herrera - sherre9 at uic.edu

Miguel Chavarria - mchava1 at uic.edu

Lukasz Stempniewicz - lstemp2 at uic.edu

Brian Herman - bherma3 at uic.edu

Andrew Sennebogen - Andrew.sennebogen at gmail.com

Drivers, please inform me through email when you have a new passenger so I
may add it to the list.

Again, once driving assignments are done and this next weekend comes up, we
will begin dealing with room registration. I suggest you start talking to
others about getting a room together. A friendly reminder: 4 people per
room, 2 beds per room. If you don't come to us with specific room
requirements or requests, I will randomly assign you. (Please don't email me
about this yet, I don't want room stuff yet, look out for another email
later this weekend).

If I forgot anything I'll reply to this. If you have any questions or
concerns that I did not address in this email, please contact me through
email or text me at (773)809-5085. Don't ask me if you are on our roster to
go with us or what the conference is about, come and look tomorrow and see
for yourself.