[Acm-announce] SIG Sysadmin Meeting Followup

Walter Dworak wdwora2 at uic.edu
Tue Nov 5 19:04:45 CST 2013

For anyone that was unable to show up, but is still interested in getting
started with what will be worked on for the foreseeable future, you need to
email me or respond in the sysadmin mailing list so I can give you your
machine information. Everyone today was setup with a physical server,
PowerEdge 1950, that was booted into a remotely accessible install image of
Arch Linux. Currently the task is to get an installation setup that will
still be on the network and accessible by, at least, you remotely. There
will be areas of flexibility on how people go about their setups and what
software is used, but otherwise I will be using this as groundwork for
future meetings where we will continue to expand on your installs and learn
the topics I mentioned at the beginning of the year.

Good Luck,
Walter