[Acm-announce] SIG Code This Week!

Ian Swift iswift2 at uic.edu
Tue Sep 17 16:23:41 CDT 2013

Hi everyone,

OK! So last week we sort of futzed around with Haskell and I was able to
get the compiler working a good 10 minutes //after// people left. This week
I'm coming armed to the teeth. I've been experimenting with Haskell, and
I've made a program that takes a Minesweeper Grid and figures out what all
the numbers of the squares are, returning what a completed minesweeper game
would look like. Since it's Haskell, it can be mathematically proved that
this works, so after we look over the code, maybe we can generate some
ridiculous tests in python, and see if Haskell can still tackle the
oddities.

Hope to see you there,
Ian Swift