[Acm-announce] SIG Coders! Great Challenge Opportunity, the ACM-ICPC Practice Tournament!

Ian Swift iswift2 at uic.edu
Tue Sep 24 10:05:55 CDT 2013

Hi guys,

Sean and I mentioned last week the ACM-International Collegiate Programming
Contest (betcha didn't realize ACM was that big!). For those of you who
weren't there or don't remember, the ICPC is a challenging day of code
writing, where you work in a team of 3 to produce the algorithms and
expected output format to 8 problems. As we mentioned, about 3 are easy, 2
are medium, 2 are hard, and 1 will make you question your own sanity. If
you're interested in giving it a try, but not sure if you're up to
competition level (don't worry, you don't need to be at any particular
skill level to compete there either--you should totally do it), there's a
practice tournament on October 5th. That's a Saturday, and you'll probably
be going at it for most the day. REGISTER NOW. Don't ask why, just do it.
If you're not a programmer yet, you will be when you've finished your first
competition.

http://cs.baylor.edu/~hamerly/icpc/qualifier_2013/

Cheers,
Ian Swift