[Acm-announce] Microsoft App Building Event

Anthony Phelps aphelp6 at uic.edu
Tue Feb 18 14:50:44 CST 2014

Hello everyone,

Tomorrow, Wednesday 2/19, Microsoft will be holding an app development
event at UIC in SEO 1000 from 1:30pm to 5:30pm. Further information from
the event runner is below.

Hello,

Do *you* want to learn to build apps for mobile devices?  We want *your* apps
and there are great opportunities for *your* apps!

*Register*

Are you ready to learn?  You can register for the next fun learning events
on February 19th at http://aka.ms/UIC-CS

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358552124277866/ is the single best way to
get real time info on how you can work with Microsoft and other UIC
students and get in on the action.

*What will we do?*

We'll be using the App Studio tool to build and publish a new app for
Windows Phone 8.  Don't have a Windows Phone developer account?  We'll get
you one for free.

Start with an empty project and leave with a full mind and Windows Phone 8
app successfully submitted to the Windows Phone Store.   Join Microsoft's
fun and friendly Martin Schray and get your app mojo on track.

*What do I need to Bring?*

If you don't have an app idea yet, that is fine come to the event, learn
how to build an app and let inspiration strike (it always does).  Bring a
machine that allows browser, that's what we'll be using to build the app.

*Free Software*

Want to get ready for future events?  Install Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio
2013.   If you don't have Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013 you can get
them FREE here:

At UIC in CS? http://aka.ms/uiccs

At UIC in IDS?  http://aka.ms/uicbiz

Need help installing     Windows 8?  Here is some help http://sdrv.ms/WrNqHG

Regards,

Martin

Martin Schray | Senior Technical Evangelist | Microsoft | 630.725.4005 |
mschray at microsoft.com

If you have any questions let me know.

Tony Phelps
ACM Vice-Chairman