[Acm-announce] [SIG-CODE] Virtual Meeting Thursday @ 7PM

Ian Swift iswift2 at uic.edu
Tue Jun 3 22:22:03 CDT 2014

Hi guys and gals,

So we'll be having a virtual SIG-Code meeting this thursday @ 7PM in the
ACM irc channel #sigcode. To connect to the ACM IRC just download an irc
client (if you don't have one already, you should:
http://hexchat.github.io/downloads.html), connect to the server
acm.cs.uic.edu and the channel #sigcode. Essentially we'll be doing tasks
for directnet to try and move things forward. After this current release
you will be able to establish a non-cryptographic direct connection to
anyone who's ip address you have acquired using a third party. Long way to
go to having a fully functional and useful product, but this is a great
first step. I look forward to talking to you all then. If you have any
problems getting this set up, feel free to email me.

Cheers,
Ian Swift
ACM Secretary