[Acm-announce] Ludum Dare is approaching!

Sunil Rao srao27 at uic.edu
Fri Apr 3 08:14:47 CDT 2015

Hello!

So as you may or may not know, Ludum Dare, a game jam/competition where
you're tasked to create a video game in 48 hours, is coming soon. The next
one will be from April 17th to April 19th.

Just like last year, this year we're going to host Ludum Dare right here at
UIC. It will take place in the CS lounge/ACM area (SEL 2260) and will
approximately last for 48 hours. Keith and I (Sunil) will be hosting it, so
please try to come if you're interested. Here is some more information from
the Facebook event created by Keith (
https://www.facebook.com/events/1560342244246179/ ):

It's that time of the year again: Ludum Dare. LD is a Game Development jam
and competition

What:
Ludum Dare is a Game Development "jam" and competition. It is an online
event but since it's lonely working alone and difficult to find others to
work with, we created this event so everybody can get together and make
teams to create something cool!

When:
Starts at 8 PM on Friday the 17th and goes until Sunday night, although the
website allows you to submit up until 8 PM on Monday.

Who can come:
Anybody! Even if you've never made a game, anybody can contribute. There
are some really simple game engines out there like GameMaker or Scratch
which make it possible for anybody to design games.

What you'll need:
Bring any tools you need for your craft; laptops for programmers,
instruments for musicians, drawing tablets for artists, etc.

Teams:
At 8 o'clock we will get everybody together and vote on two ways to make
teams:
A) Form your own, walk around and find programmers if you're an artist and
vice versa.
B) Tell us what your skills are and we will form balanced teams. Reduces
the whole awkward human interaction thing.

Full Rules: http://ludumdare.com/compo/rules/
Steam games that started as Ludum Dare games:
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/537829-Ludum-Dare/

From,

Sunil Rao