[Acm-announce] Bit Bash 2015 Saturday August 22nd

Emily Austin ejanerose at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 20:58:04 CDT 2015

Hi everyone, check out this festival on Saturday August 22.

​I’m reaching out in regards to *Bit Bash*, Chicago’s interactive arts
festival. The event features lesser-known games across all genres and
mediums and is staffed by passionate volunteers associated with the games
community. 2015 is three times larger with over 50 alternative games,
including a wide variety of art, culture and entertainment.

Many games we exhibit aren’t commercially available and can’t be
experienced anywhere else. The list includes virtual reality bomb-defusal
simulator, a chill folk music jam session around a campfire, and a
destructive 4-player bus rampage played in a half-pipe. Check out the
festival trailer here. <https://vimeo.com/134314071>

Our mission is to make video games accessible for everyone by:

   -

   Connecting with at-risk youth to foster an interest in technology and
   art.
   -

   Raising visibility for the growing independent games community.
   -

   Highlighting Chicago as a developing hub for those who love games,
   technology, or art.

Games are a special way to get a pulse on culture. Attendees can meet game
developers, industry professionals, and like-minded creatives while playing
amazing games, eating delicious food, and supporting local businesses and
artists.

Some Key Facts

   -

   Saturday, August 22nd from 2–11pm.
   -

   Tickets are $20 online and $25 at the door
   -

   A portion of the proceeds benefit Chicago Loot Drop
   <http://chicagolootdrop.org/>
   -

   Families are invited to come early at 1pm and kids under 13 get in free
   -

   Learn more at BitBashChicago.com <http://bitbashchicago.com/>.

​Here is a d
iscount code for 50% off ticket purchases: UIC50

Or
​use this link for the discount
: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bit-bash-tickets-17498784335?discount=UIC50

Thank you for your time. We hope to see you on August 22nd!
- Ryan Wiemeyer​

--
Emily Austin
President of the ACM, University of Illinois at Chicago Chapter