[Acm-announce] ACM Programming Competition on October 3rd

Deitz, Sean M. sdeitz2 at uic.edu
Mon Aug 24 16:55:33 CDT 2015

Hello everyone, Sean here.  You'll hear more about the ACM Programming
Competition (ICPC) later (in this email even), but I just wanted to get a
head start on setting up for this year's competition.

The practice competition this year will be happening on October 3rd.  If
you're interested in participating in the practice competition (no
limitation on participants), please reply to sdeitz2 at uic.edu.  This is the
weekend of Reflections|Projections so we'll be doing it casually around
the talks, but you're welcome to take it seriously as well.  It's all
online, so being collocated is nice, but optional.

For information about the type of competition, here's last year's
competition details.
http://cs.ecs.baylor.edu/~hamerly/icpc/qualifier_2014/

The actual competition is on November 7th, registration isn't open for
that yet, but priority will be given to participants in the practice
competition if/when we have to decide on teams for the full competition.
If you can't participate in the practice competition for any reason, you
can email me about being on the list for the actual competition.

For information on the actual competition, past problems, and other neat
stuff you can check out
http://icpc.baylor.edu/

~Sean Deitz