[Acm-announce] Reminder: Interested in leading a SIG this year? Let us know!

Emily Austin ejanerose at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:19:40 CDT 2015

Hello everyone,

Do you have an idea for a side project? Interested in learning topics with
other people? Do you want to help others learn what you know?

Come start a SIG with the UIC Chapter of the ACM! A SIG is a special
interest group where people can come together for side projects, discuss
topics, and learn new technologies.

If you're interested let us know on this form: Click here to go to the SIG
Interest Poll. <http://goo.gl/forms/gIckrdVmgp>
We'll be in contact with people early next week when school starts.

*​SIG Requirements*

   - From our constitution: SIGs must hold meetings at least once every two
   weeks. Failure to hold these meetings shall be considered misconduct on
   behalf of the SIG and gives the Council cause for the SIG’s dissolution.
   - From our constitution: SIG Leaders must be members in good standing of
   the ACM.
   - SIG leaders are part of the Council of the ACM. The Council meets for
   updates and general discussion every other week. Expect to attend these
   Council meetings every other week although SIG leaders may be required to
   attend less frequently.

​Emily​

--
Emily Austin
President of the ACM, University of Illinois at Chicago Chapter