[Acm-announce] SIG SysAdmin Meeting Tomorrow, 5PM

Walter Dworak wdwora2 at uic.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:28:27 CST 2015

Reminder and agenda for the SIG SysAdmin meeting tomorrow, 5PM, SELE
2262. We are still looking for people to pick up projects and there is
at least one project that has been partially completed that any newer
member should be able to pickup by this point. I should note that anyone
interested in the SIG should have completed the basic Linux tutorials
and have some comfort with navigating around and configuring a system
from the command line. (If you can edit a config file and restart a
daemon service then you are on track, bonus points for reading up on the
filesystem layout structure). People working on projects should have
some updates ready, progress should be documented on the ACM wiki, and
try to have a few ideas on where help could be applied by newer members.

Project/Misc Updates:
     -Updates from Chase/Zac on the monitoring project
     -Updates from Chase/Jeff on the CoreOS cluster
     -Xibo project partially finished, needs new contributor to finish work

General Meeting Topic:
     -Continued work with monitor wall head node
         -Linux network device configuration
         -Install Foreman
http://theforeman.org/manuals/1.7/index.html#3.2.1Installation
         -Start on configuration