[Acm-announce] ACM Bylaws Update

aphelp6 aphelp6 at acm.cs.uic.edu
Thu Mar 19 17:39:49 CDT 2015

Hello ACM members,

As some of you may be aware the ACM's current bylaws
(https://acm.cs.uic.edu/bylaws) are quite out of date. They were set in
place many years ago and are now insufficient to fit the needs of the
ACM. An initiative was started earlier this year to rewrite the bylaws
and a draft is finally ready for presentation to the members.

The latest version of the draft can be found at:
https://acm.cs.uic.edu/~aphelp6/acm-constitution-draft.pdf
The document is built using LaTeX and the source can be found on ACM's
GitLab instance at: https://acm.cs.uic.edu/git/acm/acm-constitution

Please carefully read over the draft and post any constructive
questions, comments, or concerns as an issue in GitLab
(https://acm.cs.uic.edu/git/acm/acm-constitution/issues). You may also
pull the LaTeX source and submit changes as a merge request in GitLab.

There will be two meetings to discuss the constitution both in SEO 1000.
The first is on Monday March 30th at 5:30pm and the second will be on
the following Thursday April 9th also at 5:30pm. At the meetings we'll
go through the draft line by line and discuss any issues brought up
during the meeting and on GitLab.

We will then hold a majority vote at the Officer election meeting to
ratify the new document.

Regards,
Anthony Phelps
ACM Chairman