[Acm-announce] Dear A.C.M members, LUG members, and alike

Mac Carter mcarte22 at uic.edu
Tue Oct 4 22:59:24 CDT 2016

Dear A.C.M members, LUG members, and alike,

It is with a heavy heart that we are announce the recent passing of Adam Rodriguez. Adam was a beloved and cherished member of A.C.M, but also a friend. A.C.M extends our deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Adam Rodriguez was fatally struck around 10:15p.m on the Rock Island line near 99th street Metra station: According to the locomotive engineer, Rodriguez had his head down and quickly walked towards the train track and then appeared to lie down near the tracks.

If you or anyone you may know are suffering from depression or any other mental illness that may be life-threatening, please do not hesitate to call UIC’s Counseling Services, the InTouch Crisis Hotline, or the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

            	UIC Counseling Service: (312) -996-3490: 8:00a.m – 4:30p.m
            	InTouch Crisis Hotline: (312) -996-5535 Sunday-Friday: 6:00p.m – 10:30p.m
            	National Suicide Prevention hotline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)

We hope to prevent all future incidents, but to also reach-out to those who need our help as not just students, but friends, co-workers, neighbors, and as fellow citizens. A.C.M again gives our deepest condolences to Adam Rodriguez’s family and friends.

Sincerely,
A.C.M