[Acm-announce] [SIG Meeting] Sudo

Mac Carter mcarte22 at uic.edu
Thu Oct 20 22:48:31 CDT 2016

Hi All,

Do you have a project on your resume?
Do you know what makes you look valuable?
Do you want to be able to show off the things you’ve done?

SIG SUDO is a way you can reach your potential, we have several upper class-men willing to give their time to help you with a personal project,
Which ACM will help fund, support and show off if you’d like.

SUDO meetings are on Fridays from 1-2pm,

Don’t have a project?
Want to form a group?

Bring multiple people by, you don’t just need programmers for projects,
All majors are highly encouraged to participate and contribute to projects.

Some projects we have that students can contribute to,
ALEXA! a personal assistant for the office, right now she knows very few things, but a few of our members have been adding to her abilities, you can too in Sig SUDO.
LED controlled lights, you’ve probably seen them, there is a user interface for them but a lot of things need to be flushed out. UI and more
LINUX servers and machines which need to be setup, want to master the experience of linux? try on our Sister organization LUG!
Space Monitoring were we collect data about the space, things like how often the fridge is open or the temperature of the space.
And your own, literally anything you can think of we can help you decide how to tackle it.

The goal is to set you up with weekly meeting with a mentor to discuss your progress and addition of features to the systems you choose to contribute to, or your progress in your own project.

Join our piazza page ACM 1 is the course https://piazza.com/class <https://piazza.com/class>
Join our slack https://slack.com/signin/find <https://slack.com/signin/find> uicacm.slack.com

Best,
Mac Carter
President of the ACM, University of Illinois at Chicago Chapter