[Acm-announce] SIGSysAdmin Meeting Today(Oct 2, 2017) + Linux Newbie Week this week (Oct 2-6)

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Mon Oct 2 12:44:48 CDT 2017

Hello All,

This just a quick reminder that SIGSysAdmin will be happening *today* at
*4PM* in the ACM/LUG Office (SELE 2264).  You can assume that SIGSysadmin
meetings will happen *every week* until the end of the semester, unless
there has been an announcement of cancellation.

For those of you interested in SIGSysAdmin, please subscribe the the
SIGSysAdmin Listserv, to get all the announcements in the future.  (I will
be sending some general announcements via general announce listservs,
however I will switch over to SIGSysAdmin specific channels in the near
future.) (Instructions are on the SIGSysAdmin page on the ACM website.)

This week is also a bit special, since *Linux Newbie Week* is also
happening! Everyday this week (*Oct*ober *2 - 6* from *5:30 - 7:00 PM*),
there will be a meetup/presentation hosted by the Linux Users Group student
organization to give an introductory tour or GNU/Linux, usefui command line
utilities, virtual machines, the Linux Kernel and more!

The Newbie Week presentations will be presented in either the ACM/LUG
office (SELE *2264*) or SELE *2254.*  I highly suggest these presentations
if you are just beginning out with your GNU/Linux journey.  No prior
knowledge is necessary, everyone is welcome.

If you have any questions about Newbie Week, please direct them to the LUG
listserv (lug at uic.edu).

If you have questions about SIGSysAdmin, please feel free to bring them to
the meeting today, the SIGSysAdmin Listserv, and/or the SIGSysAdmin Slack.

Thanks,
Chase Lee