[Acm-announce] [SIG Math] Week 7 Notes

Jasmine Otto jotto3 at uic.edu
Fri Oct 13 18:48:14 CDT 2017

Hey all,

This week's notes and NetLogo code are up at [uicsigmath.slack.com]. SIG
Math Coding continues to meet Thursdays at 2pm in SEO 300.

Next week, we will perform data analysis on our in-silico experimental rig
from this week. Using NetLogo, we observed a phase transition with
hysteresis. Also, we discussed some perceptual topics from computer
graphics.

Procedural textures of fixed scale
RGB to HSV (HSL)
Perceptually uniform colormaps

Btw, a correction to the emergent structure we saw - the agents were being
attracted to the grid of the centers of patches. A structure with more
gradient- than lattice-like structure arises from attraction to the world
center.

Best of luck to everyone this week of midterms,
Jasmine