[Acm-announce] New SIG

Alexander Guo alx168 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:48:16 CDT 2017

Hello everyone! My name’s Karol Stolarski I’m an ACM member and CS major
here at UIC. I’ve gotten approval to start a SIG but I don’t know many
people and I’m looking for anyone who would be potentially interested in my
idea.

My idea is based on block chain technology which is becoming very popular
right now. The scope of the potential SIG will not be limited to
cryptocurrency. I am looking to get a group together to learn and develop
block chain technology with the hope of implementing it into centralized
systems at our school. If anyone is interested, please feel free to email
me at kstola2 at uic.edu . Thank you for reading and have a wonderful
semester!"

Meetings are every Tuesday at 11AM.  This is subject to change if enough
interest is recieved.