[Acm-announce] Google Games NEXT WEEK!

Ryan Chan rchan21 at uic.edu
Fri Sep 22 14:39:03 CDT 2017

[image: Inline image 1]

On September 25-26th, Google will be hosting Google Games Campus Edition
and a host of events on campus for you to learn more about Google and hear
from Googlers that graduated from UIC. The deets are below and how to
register (only need to register once). Hope to see you there!

Imposter Syndrome + Q&A (9/26, 4-5:30PM)

What: “I totally lucked out getting in.” “They made a mistake letting me
in.” “I can’t do this.” Hear from Googlers on what imposter syndrome is,
why it’s important to address and how to overcome it. Swag will be provided
while it lasts!

Where: CS Lounge (SELE 2268)

*This is open to juniors and sophomores in engineering.*

Resume Workshop + Live Technical Interview Demonstration (9/26, 6:30-8PM)

What: What does Google look for in a technical resume? What does a
technical interview look like? Get your questions answered by 3 Google
alums from UIC and see a live mock demonstration of a technical interview
by our very own engineers. Bring questions and swag will be provided while
it lasts!

Where: CS Lounge (SELE 2268)

What to do next?: Register for all the events <https://goo.gl/bp4eGs> you're
interested in. Make sure your resume and LinkedIn profiles are up to date
(feel free to link both in the form above) and of course come with lots of
good questions! For Google Games, be sure to register by September 18th.

Where: CS Lounge (SELE 2268)

Thanks,

Emily, Varun, Siham and Amy

Google Games FAQ

Q. I competed in Google Games last spring at a Google office. Can I
participate?

   1.

   You are able to participate in the games. However, your team will not be
   eligible to win prizes to ensure a level playing field for all teams
   participating.

Q. Can we have fewer than five members on our team?

A. Yes, but we strongly recommend having the maximum number of members –
any less and you'll lose your competitive edge.

Q. Can we replace a member before the start of the event?

A. Sure. Just let us know via email techstudents at google.com. Be sure to
include: the full name and email of the new team member, the full name of
who is being replaced, your school name and your team name.

Q. Do I need to bring my own laptop if the event is not in a computer lab?

A. It will give your team a competitive advantage to have all members work
from their own laptop in the challenges. If you don’t have your own, see if
you can borrow one from a friend. And don’t forget the charger!

Q. Will food be provided?

A. We’ll have pizza as long as it lasts!

Q. When will our team receive a confirmation about the Games?

A. After the registration deadline, we will reach out to confirm team
selection and provide more details 3-4 days before the event.

  *•  **Amy Lynam*
*  •  *University Programs, Chicago
*  •  Google, Inc.*
  •  alynam at google.com

<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.instagram.com%2Fgooglestudents%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFO2IK3idTKrXe67JqhRPLnQdbWDg>
   <http://www.youtube.com/googlestudents>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgooglestudents&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGsE5oSDNowoiEybGhDFiML0ctymQ>
  <https://plus.google.com/+GoogleStudents/posts?e=-RedirectToSandbox>

--
*Ryan Chan*
*President, Association for Computing Machinery*