[Acm-announce] SIG SysAdmin Meeting Time - Spring 2018

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Wed Feb 14 20:12:03 CST 2018

Hello Everyone,

Happy Valentine's Day.

This is just a friendly reminder about SIG SysAdmin.  Based on the Doodle
poll sent out a couple weeks ago, SIG SysAdmin will be reconvening on
*Thursdays
at 5:30PM* in the *ACM/LUG Office (SELE 2264)* this semester.  First
meeting for the semester will be starting *tomorrow* (February 15, 2018).
It is safe to assume that we will be meeting every Thursday until the week
of finals. Notices will be sent out if there are exceptions.

For those of you who don't know what SIG SysAdmin is, it is the system
administration special interest group. It's continuing goal is the
maintenance, improvement, and expansion of the ACM network and systems;
this includes the several ACM workstation, servers, and networking
equipment, website administration also usually falls under the duty of the
ACM Sysadmins. SIG SysAdmin is primarily Linux focused, but those seeking
to further their knowledge of Enterprise Windows systems are encouraged to
do so. People of all knowledge levels are welcome and are encouraged to
explore the ACM wiki and website in general for more information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me, the sigsysadmin
mailing list, or ask on the #sig-sysadmin Slack channel.

Hope to see many of you there tomorrow!
Chase Lee