So this applies mainly (pretty much only) to those attending Reflections Projections. A few things you need to do before the weekend of the conference:
- Get the contact information of the people you are driving. You are immediately responsible for making sure they don't get left behind.
- Let the people you are driving know when you are leaving. You need to make sure they know when you are leaving so they can be ready on time and if they come late, then they know they maybe left behind.
- Save your receipts for gas. You will get reimbursed for the money you spend to get to and from UIUC (also make sure that a student's name is on the receipt).
- Get the contact information of the driver. Having the phone number of the person who is driving you is important in case of emergencies and other unforseen situations.
- Make sure you know exactly when your ride is leaving and be there 10 minutes before departure. Everyone should be able to leave right at the scheduled time, no later (unless you have communicated to your driver that you will be late and they are fine with it).
Now for the schedule for the weekend, it will be tenitive and subject to any changes:
- You will depart at your scheduled times
- When you reach UIUC, most of you will go straight to the conference. You will receive your room keys from the officers (Tom and Walter). If you are in one of the earlier cars then you will have to contact Tom or Walter when you get there
- There is a talk scheduled for 7:45pm given by PIXAR on cinema effects for those interested, and a job fair before hand if you get there early and are interested
- After the talk, the rest of the night is yours to do with as you see fit. There will be an improptu LAN party, held at the hotel.
- There will be events scheduled at the conference center starting at 10am and ending around 9pm, so you need to talk to your driver/fellow passengers to figure out when you want to leave for the conference and when to come back (the other officers and I expect you to attend from 11a - 5p)
- After 5pm, you are free to spend the rest of the saturday as you would like.
Everyone needs to be out of the hotel at 10am. That means everything needs to be packed into cars, the rooms have been cleaned, and people should be ready to get into said cars and driving out of the parking lot. If there is any issue with leaving at a certain time, let your driver know and work it out with them. Keep in mind that ALL members of a room will be held responsible for any problems caused.
See you all at the conference!
Mike Berg, ACM Secretary