[Acm-announce] Siggame Starter Meeting - Wednesday January 26th

Bryanna Denney bdenne2 at uic.edu
Mon Jan 24 14:36:41 CST 2011

If you have ever been interested in learning C++ or game development, come
to Siggame's first meeting of the semester.

We are changing some things including:
- Using cmake to build our game, which means...
- You can use any IDE you please and...
- You can use your favorite operating system
- No more intro meetings (actual lessons planned each week)
- Video recordings of meetings, so if you miss one, you can just watch the
recording
- Tutorials are now optional.

Regular perks:
- Learn C++ before (or during) cs340, so you are prepared.
- Just learning C++. It's useful!
- We review your code. We can point out standards and mistakes that you
might miss.
- Weekly lessons/discussions to bolster your knowledge.
- Learn how to work on a team. We have a support group of other members.
- We develop games, which are fun to program.

If you are interested, please show up to our first meeting. You can also
send me a reply.

*tl;dr*
What: Siggame meeting
When: 1-26-10 at 5:30pm