[Acm-announce] Fwd: ACM Meeting 10/13/2011 - ITA Challenge/Resumes/Financial Awards

Stephen Liang sliang6 at uic.edu
Wed Oct 5 17:30:20 CDT 2011

10/5/11

*TO:  CS and CE students
RE:  Illinois Technology Association Competition and Awards - Access to Job
Opportunities

*Please read below and see the attached flyer with information you need to
participate.

   - Information Session:  At ACM Meeting:  10/13/11 Thursday, 5:30-7:30pm,
   in  SEO 1000  (What is it all about?)
   - Take The Challenge!:  Tuesday, 10/18/11,  5:30-6:30pm, SEL  2284 &
   2294  (DO NOT BE LATE - THIS IS A COMPETITION TEST)

Read for more information:

*T*he ITA is working hard to engage CS and CE students in a program that
connects them with great tech companies like GrubHub, Groupon, Allscripts,
Centro, Backstop Solutions Group  . . . . . and the list goes on. We are
putting their resumes in a database for 30 companies to access and offering
them the opportunity to compete for significant cash prizes through our Fall
Challenge exam.

Attached you will find information on the ITA Fall Challenge events at UIC.
We are very much looking forward to this and we really want as many students
as possible to participate. Would you please help us get the word out by
email this flyer, posting it and using social media? Here are some
suggestions
*Twitter
*
1.     The @ITAbuzz #ITAFallChallenge helped students find jobs last year.
Great Tech companies are looking.  Got to take the challenge!
http://bit.ly/oSAawI

2.     @itabuzz #itafallchallenge introduced students to some of the great
tech companies growing in Chicago.  Win $ prizes.  Make sure to participate
in 2011! http://bit.ly/oSAawI

3.     In 2010 at the #ITAFallChallenge the winning student won $5k and an
employment opportunity. Think you got what it takes to win the 2011
#ITAFallChallenge? http://bit.ly/oSAawI

4.     Visit @itabuzz #ITAFallChallenge at @UNIVERSITY on DATE at ROOM.  A
chance at big money and great networking for the job hunt!  GREAT program.
*Facebook
*
1.     *In 2010 at the ITA Fall Challenge the winning student won $5k, and a
job opportunity. *All Final Challenge winners were introduced to hundreds of
tech companies who call Illinois home, had the chance to interview with
several great companies who are using tech in exciting ways.  You got what
it takes?  Make sure to take 2011 ITA Fall Challenge presented by GrubHub on
campus!  http://bit.ly/oSAawI

2.     The 2010 ITA Fall Challenge introduced me to some of the great tech
companies who call Chicago home.  Never knew there were so many great
companies growing right here in Illinois.  Great networking, great
opportunities and a chance to win a cash prize.  Visit the Fall Challenge on
campus! http://bit.ly/oSAawI

*LinkedIn
*
*1.     *In 2010, ITA engaged over 700 CS/CE students from 7 universities.
In addition to a *"Challenge" test with a $5,000 prize going to the top
scoring student, many students have been hired and many underclassmen are
doing internships which will lead to full-time positions upon
graduation. *Are you a student? Want to be part of 2011 ITA Challenge
presented by
GrubHub? http://bit.ly/oSAawI
Also, If you have a repository of CS and CE resumes you would like us to put
into our system, we would love to have them. Let me know on that. Regards,
LeAnne

Thank you,

Kathy

**

** Kathleen Corcos
*University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Engineering Career Center (M/C 159)
*Room 818, Science & Engineering Offices
851 South Morgan Street
Chicago, Illinois 60607-7043
Phone: (312) 996-2238
 www.engineering.uic.edu