[Acm-announce] ACM Announcements

Walter Dworak wdwora2 at uic.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:09:40 CDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

The Fall semester is almost upon us, so time for a few important
announcements.

1. Don't forget about the LAN Party tomorrow in the CS lounge area
starting at 12pm! It's not too late to register at acmlanparty.com

2. Chapter membership is due for the 2012-2013 school year. Come down to
the ACM office in SEL 2262 and fill out a membership form and pay your
$10 membership fee to guarantee continued access to the UIC ACM resources.
Questions? email acm-officers AT uic DOT edu

3. The first ACM general meeting is during the first week of school on
Thursday August 30 at 5:30pm in SEO 1000. New members are welcome,
returning members are encouraged to go. We will be discussing upcoming
ACM events and activities, including feedback, and new policy changes
(as well as a few policy reminders). If you've been wanting to get more
involved with the ACM, or weren't sure how, come to this meeting to find
out. Our event calendar can be found at http://acm.cs.uic.edu/calendar/
and event announcements should be posted to this mailing list and our
website.

4. Reflections Projections. Reflections Projects is October 5-7 and is a
free conference hosted at the Urbana campus and is organized by the UIUC
chapter of the ACM. We provide free travel and rooming arrangements and
drivers are compensated, if you would like to go email ariley4 AT uic
DOT edu and if you have a car, and are interested in driving people,
please let us know. You should also register with the UIUC ACM when it
opens up.
For more information of the conference itself visit
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/conference/2012/
For more information about travel, lodging, or a general question, email
acm-officers AT uic DOT edu

TLDR There is no TLDR, read this email

Have a good semester!

Walter Dworak