[Acm-announce] Sig-Game

joe lozar josef.lozar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:23:58 CDT 2012

Hi all,

So I might have messed up by not stating that the meeting was today
(Monday).  Not much was missed by those who didnt show up, we just
talked about some game design basics.  I was using this site,
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/132341/the_13_basic_principles_of_.php?page=1
as a template for the discussion.  The next step will be to break into
two different groups and then start working from there.  The best way
to do this is that Jon and myself will give a quick blurb about what
we each want to do and include our emails.  From there anyone who is
interested can email either Jon or myself and with what days they are
free and what times (in the evening) they are free.

Jon: So, next week for my group, we will be working on starting to
plan out mechanics for the game in xna. Code learning will happen as
well, but planning is needed. If you have any questions, or ideas you
want to express ahead of time, email me at jlevy5 at uic.edu

Joe: I will be using python (language) and pygame (graphics engine).
I do not have a game idea but I will be focusing more on the coding
and the learning of python.  Also, I will be focusing on gameplay for
this semester and then next semester building up project to a more
full fledged game.  Email me at josef.lozar at gmail.com if you are
interested.

Once again, the meeting times will maybe change and the two groups
might not be meeting on the same days/time.

If you have any questions please reply to this email or send Jon or I.

Joe