[Acm-announce] FW: Facebook Hackathon- 2- 3 UIC teams of 4 students requested

Tom Phillips Tom at FatesUnited.com
Tue Oct 2 13:14:23 CDT 2012

If you guys are interested in competing, I definitely suggest you sign up!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kate Kaplan [mailto:klederer at uic.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:24 AM
To: tmerri4 at uic.edu; fatesunited at gmail.com; jbiagi1 at uic.edu;
tanyabw at uic.edu; jlillis.uic at gmail.com; mtheys at uic.edu; jakob at uic.edu;
solworth at uic.edu; kenyon at uic.edu
Cc: nelson at uic.edu; kcorcos at uic.edu; sloan at uic.edu
Subject: Facebook Hackathon- 2- 3 UIC teams of 4 students requested

Good morning,

Here are the details on the FB Hackathon.  Caity Hipskind, from FB, would
like to see 2-3 teams of 4 students from UIC.

I received 3 names from Professor Eriksson and have forwarded those students
the registration link below.

Do you have any other strong referrals for savvy programmers who would work
together as a team for
this competition?   I think they would like us to
hand pick these teams- if possible.

Feel free to forward the information below or send me their names
(undergraduate or graduate students).

Thank you

Kate

<https://www.facebook.com/events/119339431549017//events/119339431549017/>Ch
icago
Regional Hackathon (hosted at UIUC)
Public Event . By <http://www.facebook.com/hackathon>Hackathon

<https://www.facebook.com/events/119339431549017//events/calendar/2012/Novem
ber/2>November
2 at 5:00pm until
<https://www.facebook.com/events/119339431549017//events/calendar/2012/Novem
ber/3>November
3 at 4:00pm in PDT
2405 Siebel, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Registration Required:
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs.zoomerang.com%2Fs%2Fchicagoh
ackathon&h=bAQEJXiIM&s=1>http://s.zoomerang.com/s/chicagohackathon

FB
Link-
https://www.facebook.com/events/119339431549017/120374511445509/?notif_t=pl
an_mall_activity

You've been to our Campus Hackathons, now join us
for our first ever Chicago Regional Hackathon,
hosted at UIUC! At Facebook, we believe that
every engineer has great ideas within them.
Hackathons are 24-hours of collaborative computer
programming that provide an opportunity for you
to bring your product from an idea to a prototype overnight. ...

Hackathons are often the birthplace of new
products such as the social calendar, chat, and
HipHop for PHP. Join the Facebook team as we stay
up all night hacking and having a good time.
We'll supply the food, fun diversions, prizes
every hour on the hour, and some professional
guidance. You bring your laptop, appetite, skills
and ideas. Start brainstorming ideas & forming
teams. If you don't have a team on the day of,
we'll help you find one. We'll see you there. The
winning team will get the chance to defend their
title and compete against other winning teams
from our worldwide Hackathons at the Hackathon
Finals- held at FBHQ in November. Get ready to
hack like a champion! *Note: You must be
currently enrolled in a University to attend.

Kate Kaplan
UIC College of Engineering
Director, Engineering Career Center
Room 820, Science and Engineering Offices
851 S. Morgan Street
Chicago, IL 60607
T-312-996-2311
F-312-413-7950