[Acm-announce] Important Announcements/Updates - PLEASE READ

Tom Phillips Tom at FatesUnited.com
Fri Sep 7 20:47:38 CDT 2012

Hey guys, just a bunch of information that you all should read, it is
important. Also, there is a TL;DR at the end of this email for those of you
who are super lazy.

We need more drivers for Reflections Projections! As of right now I think we
have three 100% confirmed drivers. Please, if you can drive, let Ashley
know! You will be reimbursed for gas and have some extra cash to keep for
yourself. Also, if you plan on attending, please let Ashley know as well.

Also, on the topic of Reflections Projections, their registration is now
open! The link can be found here:
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/conference/2012/registration.php

Lastly.

THERE IS A DEADLINE TO REGISTER WITH US. We want drivers and attendees
confirmed by SEPTEMBER 21st! We only get an extra week to cancel any extra
hotel rooms, if you do not communicate with Ashley (ariley4 at uic.edu) that
you are willing to drive or come with us and decide to change your mind last
minute, you will NOT be able to come with us. You have to register for BOTH
the UIUC ACM and with us! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

In addition, a few people wanted to be librarian, that is fine, but we also
need someone (or multiple people) to finish our library system. If you are
interested in helping us out in that way, please contact Walter or email
acm-officers at uic.edu .

We also need someone to be our Engineering Council Chair. Sean has been
pretty much doing it in the past, pretty much you just attend Engineering
Council meetings and when it is our turn to talk, you tell them what ACM has
been up to. Very simple.

I also need to mention that next week, Thursday at 5:30 pm in SEO 1000. We
are covering any topics that people are curious about, we will save time at
the end primarily for this. The main purpose of the meeting next week is to
go over our SIGs, I will mention Reflections Projections again as well as
T-shirt/new ACM logo design contest (we have already gotten a few
submissions so if you have something please talk to Ashley!). Talk about LUG
and WiCS shall also briefly be covered. Anything else I forgot to mention
will also be covered.

On the topic of SIGs, ALL SIG LEADERS need to prepare something ahead of
time to talk about your SIG. Powerpoint, just a speech, show of your page on
the website, whatever you need to do. We are giving you approximately 5
minutes (try to make it a little bit under so you have time for questions).
SIG leaders should also have meeting times prepared, we want to throw all of
your regularly scheduled meetings on the ACM calendar so they are publically
visible to anyone interested in attending. You should also work on your
respective page on the ACM site, if you don't have access to edit anything,
talk to Walter.

For those of you who attended Movie Night tonight, you didn't put away the
baskets you used for popcorn OR the popcorn itself. You also didn't put the
table or chairs back where they were. Also, theres garbage left on the desks
again. As I sit here I currently see: A subway bag, napkins, soda can, loose
papers, someone's CD, and the baskets and popcorn. Being more cleanly is
slowly improving but it isn't as good as it should be guys. Also, speaking
of policies, the no gaming during the day has been doing EXTREMELY well, as
well as offering tutoring during the day, keep that up!

For anyone interested in going to that Xfinity thing to get some free grub
and prizes, I will be in ACM at 6:30pm so we can head over as a student
organization. (Due to those recent complications, we will head over as UIC
LUG, I doubt we will WIN that $300, but you never know.

I believe that is everything I needed to cover, sorry for the super long
email but it all is relevant information, and I didn't want to send 15
emails.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, the officers appreciate it.

-Tom Phillips

TL;DR - If you actually skipped all of that for this line, think to yourself
this thought: "Why would Tom have written all of that if he could have
easily condensed it into this simple sentence?" Now go back to the top and
read the entire thing, stop being super lazy.