[Acm-announce] SIG-Code Project Presentation Day April 24th

Deitz, Sean M. sdeitz2 at uic.edu
Mon Apr 8 15:01:54 CDT 2013

Instead of meeting weekly to talk about things, invest this time to work
on projects, both independent and in class.  On April 24th, at 5:00, we'll
have a field day where we present a technical demo of some of the projects
we've worked on this semester, both on our own and in class.  Show off the
things you might not ever look at again, and tell us about the trials and
tribulations you had to overcome to get the code working.  Technical
details welcome but not required.
All stories and projects welcome, and if we run out of time we can always
extend it to another week.

If you've got a question about the format of the presentation or whether a
project would be good, send me an email or catch me on IRC.

Take the time off this week on Wednesday to see a movie in SEO 1000 at 3
pm.  It should be interesting.

Also, we'll be having a pre-planning meeting for the programming
competition for next fall, but we'll decide on a date for that after ACM
elections.  Keep on a lookout to the list around then for details.
This is early enough that you can become a serious competitor regardless
of your skills, so do give it serious thought, as it's a lot of fun and
the experience will likely make you a better person.  Well, programmer at
least.

~Sean Deitz