[Acm-announce] Announcements for Spring 2013

Tom Phillips Tom at FatesUnited.com
Mon Jan 14 10:38:55 CST 2013

Hey everyone,

I would like to welcome you all back to UIC this semester for those
returning! I just wanted to cover a few things that you all should know, I
will keep it as short as possible so please give this a quick read through.

First off, updated ACM office hours. From 9am-5pm on weekdays, we want to
keep the general volume to a minimum. Working together is fine and talking
is fine, but we have had some complaints about how we have been too loud. In
addition, we are keeping the 10am-3pm enforcement on no gaming.

Secondly, the CS Labs are closed this semester as far as I know. This means
there will be less space for students to spend time and do work, and there
is a good chance that ACM is going to see higher traffic this semester. This
means we have to keep up the work on greeting new faces and continue to
offer tutoring to those who seek it. We've been doing a decent job of this
so let's keep it up!

Third, our first meeting is THIS THURSDAY 1/17/13 at 5:30pm in SEO 1000. It
is going to be just a general meeting, we are going to try and keep it short
and informative.

Fourth, we just cleaned the office so please pick up after yourself. We also
just did a pop run so enjoy! And lastly, I have set the payment for your pop
credit to be paid off by 5/3/13.

Lastly that I can think of, I believe there is a CS open house this Friday,
I need to contact Reed and Santhi but there is a good chance we need some
volunteers to help out. If anyone is interested please email me.

If there is anything else I'll send another email later. Good luck this
semester everyone!