[Acm-announce] SIG FUN - Anime Night [October 4, 2013 @ 5:30PM]

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Wed Oct 2 22:55:21 CDT 2013

Hello fellow ACMers!

As midterms cramming starts to invade our free time, you may start studying
nonstop.  If that's stressing you out, come take a breather this *Friday,
October 4, 2013 @ 5:30PM* at SIG FUN's Anime Night!

We will be in the CS Tunnel (behind the ACM/LUG office, SELE 2268B).

We know you have midterms in these next few weeks, so this Anime Night
won't be as long as previous ones.

We will be watching the first three episodes of *.hack//Quantum*!

*Synopsis/Description:
*Sakuya is a cheerful student who lives a parallel life inside an online
fantasy role-playing game called The World R:X. In this MMORPG, Sakuya,
Mary and Tobias form a party and embark on a dangerous quest in the high
difficulty level quests and seek new adventures.  Together, they form an
inseparable group, grinding toward the break of day and running dungeons in
search of the artifacts of adventure.  But when the trio becomes lost in
this virtual labyrinth, a chance encounter with the mysterious entity known
only as Hermit will change their lives forever. There’s an eerie darkness
spreading across The World, and once you stumble in, you may never make it
out!

FYI: .hack//Quantum sprouted from is in the same setting as .hack//SIGN,
however the stories have no other relations with eachother. You don't need
to watch the others before this Friday! ;-)

Hope to see you all there!

Regards,
Chase Lee