[Acm-announce] ACM Meeting This Thursday (tomorrow) -- SBB Research Group Info-session

Anthony Phelps aphelp6 at uic.edu
Wed Oct 2 13:35:17 CDT 2013

Hello ACM,

Tomorrow, *Thursday October 3rd, at 5:30pm* there will be an ACM hosted
info-session from *SBB Research Group* in *SEO 1000*. See below for details
about the company and some positions they have available.

Tony Phelps

*SBB Research Group*

*Overview: *SBB Research Group, headquartered in the Chicago, IL area, is
an investment management and research firm utilizing sophisticated and
responsible strategies to manage assets totaling more than $100 million.
With more than 10 years of market experience, SBB Research Group develops
and invests in the financial markets through the use of quantitative
financial models. We apply tested techniques to ensure our investments are
maximizing their potential, while protecting principal and reducing
portfolio volatility.

The culture at SBB Research Group fosters great collaboration between
metrics-driven individuals from diverse engineering and research
backgrounds. Our team of engineers implements and refines concepts, often
inspired by academic communities, into full-fledged algorithmic models.
Team members share topical expertise, while engaging in independent
research and continuous professional development. Our small size allows for
a truly cooperative environment and promotes entrepreneurial spirit.

Exploration of new ideas is encouraged. Professional growth potential is
unlimited.

*Majors Recruited: *Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences,
Technology

*Work Authorization: *United States Citizens, Permanent Resident

*Job Description: *

Software Engineer

Responsibilities:

Design, develop, maintain and improve proprietary in-house solutions to
support operations, trading, financial modeling, and portfolio management.

Skills:

Proficiency in any of the following language: PHP, python, C++, C#, Perl,
Javascript, JQuery

Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, SQL, etc.) and Linux

Comprehension of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)

Experience with data integrity, regression, performance testing

Excellence in problem solving and analysis

Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask

Basic understanding of financial markets

Requirements:

Bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled) in Computer Science or related
field

0 - 2 years experience
--
Erin Noonan