[Acm-announce] ACM Events Tomorrow! [October 17, 2013]

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Wed Oct 16 23:36:11 CDT 2013

Hello ACM,

This is a reminder that there will two events happening *TOMORROW* (October
17, 2013)!
Both events will be held in *SEO 1000*.

1. *Microsoft Windows 8 Application Building Workshop* [1:30PM - 5:30PM]

> Been wanting to craft your own application?  Why not target Windows 8?  We
> want your apps and there are great opportunities for your app.
> If you don't have an app idea yet, that is fine come to the event, learn
> how to build an app and see if inspiration strikes.
> We'll be learning to craft awesome Windows 8 apps in Visual Studio using
> C#/XAML.  Our goal will be to get an app into this Windows store.  Start
> with an empty project and leave with a full mind and Windows 8 application
> well underway.  Join Microsoft's Martin Schray and get your application
> mojo on track.  We'll work to incorporate ads into your apps so you make
> some money too.
> Bring your own Windows 8 machine with Visual Studio 2012.  If you don't
> have Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 you can get them from your
> departments DreamSpark Premium at the link below.
>  At UIC in CS? http://aka.ms/UICCS

More information about this event can be found in a previous email sent out
> last week.

2. *ACM Meeting - NetherRealm Studios Presentation *[5:30PM - 6:30PM]

> The creative team that brought the Mortal Kombat franchise to life is now
> NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
> Tom Sakkos of NetherRealm Studios (and former ACM Officer) will come
> enlighten YOU about working in the gaming industry.

You can find more information about NetherRealm Studios here:
> http://www.NetherRealm.com

Food and drinks will be provided.

Hope you can make it!

Regards,
Chase Lee
Linux Users Group (LUG at UIC) Vice-President
clee231 at uic.edu