[Acm-announce] CS Internship Opportunity for Sophomores and Juniors from Textura

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Thu Apr 10 17:09:43 CDT 2014

Hello ACM and LUG member,

I've been contacted by about a Internship opportunity that might interest
you all.

Please apply and email *felix.rodriguez at texturacorp.com
<felix.rodriguez at texturacorp.com>* for any questions you may have.  More
information is below.

Regards,
Chase Lee
Linux Users Group (LUG at UIC) Vice-President
Flourish! 2014 Main Organizer

----
Textura
Corporation (Deerfield, IL) has immediate openings for Test Automation
Interns. We’re looking for a few good Test Automation Interns who can be
active participants in taking our automation software from concept
through deployment. Textura builds web-based software solutions for the
Construction industry. Textura is the recognized leader in our field with
over 300,000+ organizations, $100 B in construction value, $1.5 B in
payments processed monthly, 19 patents worldwide; 39 pending, users within
the United States, Canada and Australia.

*Internship Duration: *3 to 6 months

*Internship Work Assignment:*
Test Automation Interns will assume the role of Test Engineer within our
Quality Assurance organization, assuming the responsibility of creating
test scripts in Java and using Selenium to automate our test cases and test
scripts. The Test Engineer will be paired with senior automation engineers
to learn our Textura products and our automation methodologies.

*QUALIFICATIONS*
Qualifications and Essential Skills:

 • Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer
Engineering

 • GPA above 3.0 is required, above 3.5 preferred

 • Student must have taken at least one year of courses and possess some
proficiency in computer programming

 • Should have a high confidence level in the ability of writing software
programs. (Scripts)

 • Required Technology Experience: Java programming

 • Strong understanding of object‐oriented design, data structures and
algorithms

 • Understanding of Agile Methodology and other software development
methodologies

 • Strong oral and written communication skills

 • Strong and committed work ethic

 • Able to work from our Deerfield, Illinois or West Des Moines, Iowa
locations

To apply, email your resume to* felix.rodriguez at texturacorp.com
<felix.rodriguez at texturacorp.com>*