[Acm-announce] ACM Meeting From College to Career Thursday November 13 at 5:30pm in SEO1000

Emily Austin ejanerose at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:59:28 CST 2014

Hi all,

Next ACM Meeting is *Thursday November 13 at 5:30pm in SEO1000*.
Come hear from UIC alumni Jack Petraitis on transitioning from college to
career!

>From Jack:
The presentation is going to be about transitioning from college to career and
how you can set yourself up to get hired right out of college. I used to
think that having a Computer Science degree would guarantee an automatically
awesome job after graduation, but that's simply not the case. Some of us
have trouble finding placement after college, especially those of us who
have only coded for University projects.

This talk will inform students of the extra things they can do to ensure
they not only land a good job after college but a great job that will
propel them forward in their career. I'll also talk about how your
priorities and interests may change after graduating and how you can deal
with the stress of entering the working world.

Bio:
Jack Petraitis graduated December 2013. He's worked in IT for UIC police
and LSRI (a research institute on UIC campus). Interned with heartbase
(healthcare industry) and ADP Dealer Services (automotive industry). He's
currently a software engineer at CDK Global (previously known as ADP Dealer
Services).

Please RSVP so we know how much pizza to get: http://goo.gl/forms/Wh6hj6RKTn
.
If you forget to RSVP, COME ANYWAY. :)