[Acm-announce] ACM Meeting From College to Career Thursday November 13 at 5:30pm in SEO1000

Emily Austin ejanerose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:25:51 CST 2014

Hi all,

Reminder, next ACM Meeting is *Thursday, November 13 at 5:30pm in SEO1000*.
Come hear from UIC alumni Jack Petraitis and Jon Levy on transitioning from
college to career!

They plan on answering some common questions student's may have, such as:
How do I get a job without having any internships during college?
How do I get a good internship in college?
How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?
What else can I do to set my resume apart from other applicants?
What's the daily life of a software engineer in a corporation?
What's the daily life of a software engineer in a consulting company?
What topics are not covered enough in college and how do you go about
learning such topics on your own?
What is the difference between academic and professional programming?

If any of these questions interest you then please come see them give their
presentation and answers on *Thursday, November 13th at 5:30pm in SEO 1000*!
Also, bring your own questions and they will do their best to answer them!

​Emily​
--
Emily Austin
Vice President of ACM