[Acm-announce] First ACM meeting - Ice Cream Social

Allison Channic allisonchannic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:34:47 CDT 2015

Hello everyone!

The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) will be hosting an ice cream
social to kick off the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year. Come learn
about UIC's biggest, most active computer and technology focused student
organization and its members over some tasty treats.

*When*: Thursday, September 3rd, 2015
*Time*: 5:00pm - 7:00pm, short informational presentation at 5:30. Come and
go as you please.
*Where*: SEO 1000

Why join ACM?

   - We're UIC's largest and most active computer science organization
   - We have plenty of opportunities for side projects in all areas of
   technology including mobile apps, web development, gaming and hardware
   - Have access to any tools you might need like monitors, mice, cables,
   and even a separate Wi-Fi network
   - Gain the opportunity to attend conferences such as Reflections |
   Projections in Urbana Champaign, and UIC's very own open source conference
   Flourish
   - Attend company tech talks to learn about different job opportunities
   and network with Chicago's industry leaders
   - Social events such as LAN parties, board game and movie nights, and
   Dungeons and Dragons

Membership is $10 and gets you access to all of the above and more.

For more information, please contact officers at acm.cs.uic.edu or stop by our
office in SELE 2264.

Hope to see you there!

Allison Channic