[Acm-announce] First LAN Party - Saturday, September 12 - RSVP

Allison Channic allisonchannic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:34:42 CDT 2015

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the delay in advertising this, I've been waiting on the
room reservation per new CS department policies regarding the new space.

That said, without further ado, I am happy to announce that *the first ACM
LAN Party will be this Saturday, September 12th in the CS lounge (SELE
2260) :) *Come join the ACM for a day and night of fun, food, and video
games to welcome the start of the new school year and new CS space.

Details:

*What's a LAN party*: Super awesome fun time where gamers just sit together
and play video games (and a few board and card games) and eat

*What to bring*: Your lovely selves, your gaming machine(s), controllers,
other accessories, and any games you would like to play (including board
and card games). *The ACM WILL NOT provide gaming machines!*

*Time*: Set-up begins at 12:00pm, first game starts at 1:00pm.

*Cost*: This event is completely free

*Who*: Anyone can come, including non ACM members and alumni. Those not
affiliated with UIC can also come, but must be accompanied at all times
with someone who is UIC affiliated.

*Food*: Pizza will be served at approximately 5:30 (or when a herd of
hungry gamers bother me to order food) at no cost.

*Games*: No official game listing, play whatever you want with whoever you
want, whenever you want. Here are just a few of the games we typically play
or have played in the past:

   - Civ V
   - Artemis
   - Team Fortress 2
   - League of Legends
   - Super Smash Bros.
   - Mortal Kombat
   - The Ship
   - Risk

*Tournaments*: Due to the last minute nature of this event, there will be
no "official" gaming tournaments, however, those who come are free to
organize tournaments or mass-gaming events as they please (including and
especially Artemis and Civ V).

*How to sign-up*: RSVP isn't required, but please fill out this form right
here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wRV--EhuBaBnoXSTaZB-sAyfFssSFCmjqyWzbvNiE3s/viewform?usp=send_form>
help us get a better idea of attendance, food requirements, and what games
people want to play.

For any additional questions, comments, or tournament or game requests,
please e-mail officers at acm.cs.uic.edu.

Hope to see you there!

Allison Channic
Vice President
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
University of Illinois at Chicago