[Acm-announce] ACM First General Body Meeting

Mackenzie Carter mcarte22 at uic.edu
Wed Aug 31 12:47:15 CDT 2016

The Association for Computing Machinery's first general body meeting will
be held this coming
*Thursday, September 1st in **the* *CS lounge, SELE 2268 at 6:00 P.M. for
ENGR 100 sections. There is an earlier meeting at 5pm for past members and
students who cannot attend the 6 o’clock meeting.*

If you attend our first meeting, you will learn about opportunities offered
to students and how to get connected with the CS community here at UIC!

We will be going over:
Benefits of being an ACM member
Special events ACM hosts
Special events ACM is a part of
SIGS (Special Interest Groups)
The role the ACM plays at UIC
What it means to be an ACM member

*Please bring a laptop to participate in digital sign ups!*
We will have paper sign up as well, though we are trying to save paper.

*If you are interested in participating in a resume book!*
Have your paper or digital resume (PDF) ready.

*Membership fees* are still* $10 at the UIC level*, and *$19 at the
National level.*
*National members get free UIC level membership* when they include their
National ACM ID confirmation number registering.

All Students invited,

Mac Carter   |   Jackie Tapia   |   Alan Tran   |   Chris In
Officers of ACM, University of Illinois at Chicago Chapter   |
acm.cs.uic.edu
Have a question?   |   Email us at: officers at acm.cs.uic.edu