[Acm-announce] SIG Code Review: Wednesday 1/27 @ 5:30!

Daniel Bunn dbunn2 at uic.edu
Mon Jan 25 17:48:01 CST 2016

Location:  Mac Lab (SELE 2254)
Duration: 30 minutes

Hello everyone!

We will be kicking off a new semester of Code Review this Wednesday (1/27)
in the MAC lab. So mark your calendars and lets talk code!

The rules are simple: bring in something you're working on and talk about
it. Explain how it works, difficulties you've overcome in getting it to
work, or coding problems that still have you pounding your head against the
monitor!

If you don't want to present, then provide a critical ear. Analyze and
discuss what others present and open a dialogue.

Why Code Review? The point of this SIG is to get you used to, and
comfortable with, speaking about code to others. The most common advice we
receive from our guest-company speakers is that you need to not only know
your code, but explain it so everyone else does, too. It's time to practice!

Hope to see you there,

Dan Bunn