[Acm-announce] SIG Open Officially Starting! Tuesday 1/26 at 4 PM

Timothy Choh tchoh2 at uic.edu
Mon Jan 25 19:48:40 CST 2016

​🙋* ​*
*Hello*
*​ everyone! *🙋

​
​There is a *new* SIG (special interest group) this semester that is solely
focused on *OPEN SOURCE* programming!
..
😯...
​.​
You may be wondering, what the heck is this open source that I speak of?
Well, think of it as buying puppies from a shelter instead of an expensive
breeder. The puppies from both places are equally as awesome, so why not
just buy them from the shelter? Lol, well really it's creating and sharing
code publicly and freely, so everyone can contribute and work together!
*Linux*, for example, is the best open source operating system on planet
Earth! 🌍 This was made possible by the power of open-source! We'll be
diving into *GitHub*, the *EPICENTER* OF OPEN SOURCE, to explore 🚈  some
really *awe-inspiring* *projects* and even *create our own* open source
projects!

We meet *Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4PM-5PM* in the Mac Lab (SELE 2254).

If you have any questions, email me at tchoh2 at uic.edu.

P.S. Check out the ACM SIG Open Page <https://acm.cs.uic.edu/sigopen> 😊

See you there~
Tim Choh

--

*Tim Choh */ Co-Founder and Project Manager
tchoh2 at uic.edu, timchoh at gmail.com

Github <https://github.com/timchoh585> LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/timchoh585>