[Acm-announce] SIG Open on Jan 28 4-5PM

Timothy Choh tchoh2 at uic.edu
Wed Jan 27 18:02:15 CST 2016

🙋¡Hello Coders!😊

*For those who missed the first meeting*: We went over basic info of what
open source was and searched through GitHub to find some really cool
projects!

We will be having another meeting tomorrow, *January 28, from 4-5PM*.  The
plan for tomorrow is going to be on GitHub.  It is open to anyone who wants
to come and learn about GitHub, not just limited to CS students.
🔔🔔🔔                                           🔔🔔🔔
📢📣 GITHUB INCOMIN📣📢
🔔🔔🔔                                           🔔🔔🔔

*WHAT IS GITHUB?*
 GitHub <https://github.com> is an open source project that hosts other
projects for either private or public use!

*WHY YOU SHOULD COME?*
 Many CS professors started using GitHub in their classes so why not get
ahead of your classmates and come and learn how to use GitHub at a
professional level?!?

*WHAT IS GOING TO BE COVERED?*
 A cornucopia of GitHub commands that will help aid you in project
management.  We will also go over how to set up a project and how to get a
clean GitHub repo.

Slides will be online <https://acm.cs.uic.edu/sigopen> but you will miss
out on LIVE DEMOS!

​